Friday 9 September 2011

Further finishing and Mould

Yesterday I covered the silver motor housings in carbon fibre wrap, I got a really good finish with these, heating the wrap so its very stretchable is definitly the key and allows you to retry your work as well. I have positioned the peices inwards slightly from the gripsyou may notice, this is to make the grips feel like they stick out rather then just part of the wheel.

As well as completing that I filled the mould up to cover over the actual faceplate prototype. In total i used 2Kg of silicone. Not cheapest stuff in the word for moulding but means I will be able to use the mould multiple times to make many copies as things are added to the Wheel.

When the silicone has cured (takes between 24hrs - 36hrs) I will then pull the 2 peices apart and remove the protoype, leaving me with my mould.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good - I'll hopefully have the electronics in a demostrable stage over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete