Tuesday 6 September 2011

What I wanted the wheel to do.... the benefits

Once I knew my wheel design, I had to decide on the layout and how I wanted it to work.I had seen some button relocation blogs before for the X,B,Y,A buttons but not for the D-pad. So what did I want to gain from this wheel;

* Easy ability to press DRS & KERS at same time
* Easy ability to use the buttons - full stop
* Easy ability to switch tyres without pressing the D-pad alot & now with fuel mapping this yr the D-pad would be used more then ever.

So the Kers / DRS buttons were easy, thye would be relocated to the top of each grip - Simple. The other buttons were not as critical so could be moved around.

I then came up with the idea that down the bottom of the wheel i would have 4 buttons.....Prime, Option,Intermediate,Wet. When pressed they would send the required sequence (Left > Left > Up) to the wheel so rather then fiddling with the D-pad i could just push a button.

Time to talk to my Electronics Guy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment