Tuesday 6 September 2011

The prototype

Whilst the electronics bit took place, I got on with making a prototype. It was a nightmare I needed a material easy to work with that could be sanded, molded but at least have a srong base.

I tried thick cardboard but no good, wood was too thick. So i ended up with hardboard. i then used wall filler on the top to make the required shapes. This meant I now had a good idea how my wheel was going to look. Here's a picture prior to the final sanding and filling (you can see at the bottom I didnt have the legs lined u at this point. Also you'll notice the two silver bits have been moved from the bottom to the top this is to allow the incorporation of the vibration motors.

You get a good idea of the shape and it will fit perfectly over the current wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment